The DMPTool partners are pleased to announce a half-day workshop at the upcoming DataONE Users Group meeting in Frisco, CO July 6th and 7th.
Reduced rate hotel reservations can be made at:
DataONE Users Group Meeting
until Thursday June 5th.
The half day workshop on the afternoon of Monday July 7th will introduce the recently released version 2 of the widely used DMPTool.
It will introduce new and existing users to data management plan requirements, features of the new tool for the completion of comprehensive Data Management Plans that meet funder requirements, highlight key features for specific user groups, and will culminate with hands-on practice using the tool. All stakeholders are invited, with particular emphasis on researchers, research administrators, funders, and librarians/IT managers.
Registration for the workshop, and the broader DataONE User Group (DUG) meeting, is free. Further information on the DUG, meeting and workshop agendas (see also below) and registration information is available at: http://www.dataone.org/dataone-users-group.
Attendees can register directly at:
DataONE Users Group Meeting website.
The workshop will be led by:
- Andrew Sallans (Center for Open Science)
- Patricia Cruse (California Digital Library)
- Amber Budden (DataONE)
We look forward to seeing you there.
- Overview of data management planning requirements
- Creating a plan with the DMPTool; funder templates, collaborative workspace, supporting materials
- Specialized tracks (hands-on section):
- Researchers: writing and collaborating on data management plans
- Research administrators/funders/librarians/IT managers:
customization of the DMPTool for institutions, funders, etc.
- Next Steps and feedback; round table discussion exploring usability of the current tool and desired functionality for v3.