In support of the current grant project efforts, we are pleased to announce the establishment of two advisory boards. One board will focus on the interests and needs of researchers using the DMPTool, and the other will focus on administrative users (ie. librarians, IT personnel, sponsored research officers, funders, etc.). Our hope is that these two groups will provide necessary concrete and direct advice on how the DMPTool project team can better direct efforts to meet the needs of our various constituencies. We plan to seek feedback on application functionality, DMPTool content, community engagement, and overall value for their constituents. Boards will meet virtually on roughly a quarterly basis, scheduled around key milestones where feedback is most needed.
The board is intended to represent the interest of all researchers, scholars, and scientists who use the DMPTool for preparation of data management plans and discovery/access of support resources.
- Laurie Burgess, Associate Chair, Department of Anthropology, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Bruce Campbell, Geophysicist, Center for Earth and Planetary Studies, Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum
- John W.Cobb, Research and Development Staff Member, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Michael Denslow, Assistant Director for Scientific Research Collections, National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON)
- Heather Henkel, Information Technology Specialist, United States Geological Survey
- Puneet Kishor, Project Coordinator for Science and Data, Creative Commons
- Sharon Leon, Director of Public Projects and Research Associate Professor, Center for History and New Media, George Mason University
- Keith Micoli, Director of the Postdoctoral Program and Coordinator of Ethics Program, Sackler Institute, New York University School of Medicine
- Jim Regetz, Scientific Programmer/Analyst, National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)
- Angela Rizk-Jackson, Biomedical Informatics Project Manager, Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI), University of California, San Francisco
- Mary Vardigan, Assistant Director and Director, Collection Delivery, Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
The board is intended to represent the perspective of the administrative and institutional support user group (ie. librarians, IT managers, sponsored research officers, etc.) using the DMPTool to enhance the quality of data management plans from institutional researchers, gain insights into practices and behaviors, and to promote education and best practices in data management planning.
- Lisa Federer, Health and Life Sciences Librarian, UCLA Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library
- Mike Frame, Chief of Scientific Data Integration and Visualization, U.S. Geological Survey
- Patricia Hswe, Digital Content Strategist and Head, ScholarSphere User Services, University Libraries, The Pennsylvania State University
- Andrew Maffei, Senior Information Systems Specialist, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Paolo Mangiafico, Coordinator of Scholarly Communications Technology, Office of Copyright and Scholarly Communication, Perkins Library, Duke University
- Holly Mercer, Associate Dean of Libraries for Scholarly Communication & Research Services, Director, Newfound Press, University of Tennessee
- Susan Parham, Head, Scholarly Communication & Digital Curation, Georgia Institute of Technology Library
- Rebecca Snyder, Digital Media Specialist, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Thea Vicari, Director, Sponsored Projects Services, Office of Research, University of California, Merced
- Alan Wolf, Assistant CIO for Advanced Computing Infrastructure, Office of the CIO and Vice Provost for Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Thank you to these individuals for their contributions.