We are pleased to announce that as of September 23rd, with the addition of Baylor University, 100 institutions have taken the step of customizing the DMPTool to provide local guidance and resources for their researchers. Check out the full list of participating institutions.
While institutions do not have to customize the DMPTool for their researchers to take advantage of the tool, taking that step can provide many benefits to their researchers as well as their data management and stewardship programs. These include:
- Integration with Shibboleth so that researchers can use their institutional credentials;
- Ability to add help text and links to institutional resources;
- Ability to add contact information for the units that support data management; and
- Ability to add text that can be copied into a data management plan.
With the release of the new and improved DMPTool in early 2014, there will be even more functionality for those institutions who integrate with and customize the tool. These features include:
- An interface to manage all of the customizations directly;
- Improved institutional branding;
- The ability to add institution specific data management requirements;
- Reviews of DMPs on a case by case basis or as a required step for all researchers; and
- Multiple roles for administrative users including as editors of requirements and reviewers of DMPs, so that you can have appropriate teams working on the DMPTool.
If you are interested in talking to us more about this process, please contact us. It is a straightforward process that we are happy to walk you through.