As part of our grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, we are creating resources for librarians interested in promoting the DMPTool at their institutions. Based on input from a group of librarians back in February, we determined that a webinar series would be useful for introducing the tool, communicating how to use it effectively, and describing how it can be customized for institutional needs.
We are excited to announce our first webinar of the DMPTool Webinar Series on 28 May! We plan to present a webinar every two weeks on Tuesdays, with current plans for 12 webinars. The series will go into November 2013.
A few things to note:
- All webinars will be recorded and made available for viewing.
- The webinar schedule might change a bit depending on presenters’ availability.
- We are always interested in new webinar ideas; please send them to email@example.com, or comment on this blog post.
- We plan to collect these webinars and make them available as a set. We then hope to create a short course in Data Management with the DMPTool that will offer certification for librarians as “DMPTool Experts” (we are still working on the title!).
Our current list of topics:
- Introduction to the DMPTool (scheduled for 28 May – pre-register now!)
- Learning about Data Management: resources, tools, materials you can use
- Customizing the DMPTool
- Environmental Scan: who’s important at your campus & how to talk to them
- Promoting services with the DMPTool; EZID as example (co-promote with EZID)
- Data curation profiles webinar (Guest presenter from Purdue)
- How to give the data management sales pitch to various audiences
- Digital humanities and the DMPTool
- Other tools and resources that work with/complement the DMPTool
- Beyond funder requirements: more extensive DMPs (institutional versus funder requirements)
- Case studies 1 – how librarians have successfully used the tool (big university library with lots of resources)
- Case studies 2 – how librarians have successfully used the tool (small university library few resources)
- DMPTool Outreach Kit introduction
- Certification program introduction